Sunday, March 27, 2011

Holy Relaxing Weekend, Batman

Not too relaxing, but kinda just what we needed.

It was a rough week at work for me. If it could go wrong, it most likely did. I bust my...er, hump... everyday with very little reward. I tell Jerry everyday that I'm not going to take it anymore - not going to come in early, stay late, or take anything personally. And yet there I was on Friday: in the office by 7:30 and stuck there until 5:15 while others "worked" from home since the boss took off early for a family trip.

But I digress.

After a particularly frustrating day, I came home Friday night to relax on the couch with my husband while enjoying some basketball. I think that I was asleep by 10:30 at the latest!

Sleep was decent since the boy stayed relatively quiet until early in the morning, so I wasn't fighting him for blankets. I was up early and contemplated hitting up Zumba but decided to work around the house instead. Husband and I did some extensive cleaning up and cleaning out. For the first time in a VERY long time, the office is just shy of immaculate. Laundry is done and put away. Ugly peel-n-stick tile is mostly removed from the storage area in the basement. Husband bottled one batch f beer and brewed a second. I would go so far as to say this house is clean... enough for the cleaners that are coming next Saturday! The highlight of our day was heading to Chicken on the Run for dinner and bumping into friends who recently moved into the neighborhood.

Sunday started with breakfast at my parents and then home to finish a few cleaning items. I only popped into my work email once, and that was simply to get the link to my NCAA bracket. As I write this, UNC tied up the game that will determine whether I win the office bracket challenge (everyone has had their final four selections knocked out except for me, but I still trail by 30 points). Failure update: UNC lost :( Other than a few cleaning issues, it has been a pretty lazy day.

Best Weekend Ever... until next weekend when we go to the April 2 Reds game and April 3 Reds Un-Cut show at the Aronoff... and then until the following weekend when we leave for Puerto Rico.

An then the next best weekend ever will occur on whatever weekend falls between the last week that I work at my current job and the week that I take up a new one (working on it!). Wish I could predict when that will occur...

No comments:

Post a Comment