Saturday, March 19, 2011

Here Chickie, Chickie... and ugly eggs

Today, I made cake pops! As I mentioned before I want to make them so badly! I decided that I am making them for Easter, so I needed to practice today. The chicks looked adorable, but the eggs just didn't look as good as I would have hoped considering the effort involved. In any case, here are some pictures...

Yellow cake batter, ready to go into the oven
Cooled cake (after husband had a piece)

Crumbled cake (spread out to dry a little more)

Balls of cake and vanilla icing
Everything it took to decorate - candy melts, lollipop sticks, star decors, spring mix, rainbow chips, corn syrup, spring colored sugars, and edible black markers.

Man down! This one was too warm when I dropped it in the warm candy melts. It was properly disposed of - tasted delicious, too!

Chickies! 

"Egg," getting ready to decorate

Finished chickies and eggs!

The eggs took a ridiculously long time. I gave up trying to paint on the corn syrup to add the colored "ribbons" because it was falling off in clumps. Adding the individual decorations took a REALLY long time because you have to add a drop of coating to get them to stick. And since you need so little, it dries very quickly.

In any case, they are finished and I am about 90% sure I will not do the eggs again. Unless I come up with a better method...

No comments:

Post a Comment